ECO-BIO and Natural Cosmetics
There is no EU legislation that unifies the criteria by which a brand or product can be considered BIO, ECO, Natural, etc... So these have been organized by private organizations based on different criteria. Lavanda&Co has turned to the company Suolo e Salute to provide assurance to its customers.
The criteria used are: raw materials must come from plants and, whenever possible, certified ecological farming; natural preservatives such as benzoic acid, ascorbic acid, salicylic acid and benzyl alcohol are permitted; radiation is not allowed, neither on the raw material nor on the cosmetics already manufactured to remove germs, bacteria, etc.
Difference between natural cosmetics and ECO-BIO-Organic
Natural cosmetics: thus called all products that carry 95% of plant-based ingredients in its composition. "Natural" does not mean Bio / Eco: an ecological cosmetic has to be controlled by an authorized organization to be certified according to specific standards.
Organic, ecological or biological cosmetics: ecological product (eco/bio): the ecological production method takes into account the whole agricultural ecosystem, using the best environmental practices and natural soil fertility; it promotes biodiversity, it safeguards natural resources and does not use GMOs; it is characterized by its strict criteria when it comes to safeguarding people, the environment, animal welfare and soil; 50% of its natural ingredients must come from ecological farming; this type of product has plant actives from ecological farming that does not use pesticides or petrochemical fertilizers. The organic cosmetics must also meet a number of standards, from the choice of ingredients to the processing methods used. The entire process, from the raw material used to reach the final product offered for sale, must be approved by control mechanisms that certify the quality of the product by providing them with a distinctive logo.
Some advantages of natural and bio-eco cosmetics over conventional cosmetics:
* They don’t contain synthetic flavors, preservatives or artificial perfumes.
* They are well suited to all skin types, especially for atopic, sensitive or allergic skin.
* They do not use petroleum chemicals or artificial additives.
* They effectively regenerate, care for and protect the skin.
* They have a softer and less aggressive than conventional cosmetic effect.
* Because they are made of natural products, they stimulate the innate ability of skin to regenerate.
* The ecological cosmetics are subject to strict criteria and quality and safety control.
* They protect the environment and do not use animals; ingredients derived from their activity or that do not harm them, such as wax, honey or lanolin extracted from the wool of sheep (except for vegan cosmetics) are allowed.